Washington, D.C. - U.S. Senator Susan Collins, the Chairman of the Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development Appropriations Subcommittee, announced today that 12 multifamily housing developments for seniors and individuals with disabilities in Maine have been awarded a total of $374,400 through the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Service Coordinator Program.
“Service coordinators provide invaluable assistance to seniors and individuals with disabilities by helping to promote financial security, social connections, and the delivery of community support services,” said Senator Collins. “The funding awarded to these 12 Maine housing developments today will allow service coordinators to continue their vital function and enhance residents’ quality of life.”
- Burritt House of Cumberland Foreside will receive $1,258
- Carpenter Preservation of South Portland will receive $7,327
- Harbor View Housing Associates of Augusta will receive $18,690
- Lucky Star Housing Associates of Portland will receive $24,493
- Louis Barrett Residence of Portland will receive $4,898
- NHP Housing Associates of South Portland will receive $24,950
- One Madison Avenue Assoc of Augusta will receive $19,991
- Pineview Preservation of South Portland will receive $50,289
- Spartina of South Portland will receive $87,430
- The Seven-Fifty of South Portland will receive $45,086
- Wonderland Ltd Div Housing Association of South Portland will receive $37,823
- Waters Tower of South Portland will receive $52,165
The Service Coordinator Program provides annual funding extensions for the employment of Service Coordinators in over 1500 insured and assisted Multifamily Housing developments that are designed for seniors and persons with disabilities. Funding extensions under the Service Coordinator program are made for a 12-month performance period on a calendar year basis and provide funding for the salary, fringe benefits, and other related costs associated with the Service Coordinator position. Click HERE to learn more about the Service Coordinator Program.