A note about assistance

If you are a Maine resident, below are a few items we can and cannot do for our fellow Mainers. If your issue is time-sensitive, or you need help with a federal agency, please call one of Senator Collins' constituent service centers (listed below) with your concerns so that she can respond as quickly as possible.

  • Submit an inquiry with a federal agency on your behalf
  • Help you communicate with federal agencies
  • Request information or a status report on your case
  • Request that an agency consider or reconsider your case
  • Guide you in the benefits claim process
  • Help you obtain basic information from a federal agency
  • Force a federal agency to act in your favor
  • Provide legal advice or recommend an attorney
  • Overturn or influence issues involving private matters
  • Intervene with state or local issues. Senator Collins’ office cannot overturn or influence matters that fall under the jurisdiction of state or local governments. If your issue involves state or local agencies, please contact your state legislators or contact the agency directly
  • Intervene with judicial issues. Senator Collins’ office cannot legally get involved with pending litigation, including questions about criminal trials or imprisonment, child custody issues, deportation proceedings, and civil lawsuits. Senator Collins’ office cannot overturn or influence a court's decision

At the request of Senator Collins, American flags can be flown over the United States Capitol for any Mainer who wishes to purchase one.  Flags come with a custom flying certificate and are commonly flown to commemorate special occasions such as birthdays, retirements, and holidays.  American flags are available in two materials, nylon or cotton, and in two sizes, 3’x 5’ or 5’x 8’. Before submitting a flag order, please allow at least three weeks to account for processing time.

One of Senator Collins' top priorities is to keep and grow jobs in Maine.  One way to accomplish that goal is to help Maine businesses, institutions, and municipalities identify and compete successfully for federal grants. Senator Collins understands that navigating the federal grant application process can be a daunting task, so she is committed to assisting Mainers in competing for federal funds.  If you would like assistance with the federal grant application process, please fill out the Senator’s grant assistance form.

In addition, below are some resources that you may find helpful as you research funding opportunities:

Ben’s Guide to U.S. Government for Kids is the educational component of GPO Access, the Government Printing Office’s (GPO) free online service of official Government information from all three branches of the U.S. Government. Ben’s Guide provides information and activities specifically tailored for educators, parents, and students in K-12. These resources can help teach about our government and how it works.

Each year, Senator Collins receives hundreds of requests for autographed photographs, and she would be delighted to send you an autographed copy of her official photo. Please make your request by calling or writing to any of the Senator's constituent service centers, and include your name, address, and telephone. For personalized photos, please include the proper spelling of the recipient's name. Once your request is received, please allow 2-3 weeks.

If you have any questions, please call 202-224-2523.

Visit USA.gov for government information and services.

​“As your United States Senator, I take great pride in the opportunity to nominate students from Maine to the United States Service Academies.”​​

“As your United States Senator, I take great pride in the opportunity to nominate students from Maine to the United States Service Academies.”