- What is Senator Collins' Privacy Statement?
- Is there any place to eat when I am in the Capitol and Senate buildings?
- How do I get to Senator Collins' DC office from Union Station?
- How do I apply for an internship with Senator Collins?
- Why doesn't Senator Collins have an email address? Why do I have to write my email in a web-based email system?
- What time are tours of the Capitol Building?
- Can Senator Collins get me a tour of the Capitol or White House?
- Where can I get general information on the legislative process?
- How do I invite the Senator to attend an event?
- Where does Senator Collins live in Maine?
Yes, in the basement level of the Dirksen Building there is Cafeteria which serves breakfast and lunch, there is also a coffee and sandwich shop called Cups located in the basement of the Russell building. You can always walk to Union Station where there is a large food court located on the basement level.
The Senate side of the Capitol is near the Red Line of the DC Metro System at the Union Station metro stop. Upon exiting Union Station walk towards the Capitol. The Dirksen Building is the middle of the three Senate Office buildings. The nearest entrance to the Senator's office is at the corner of Constitution Ave. and First Street Northeast. Her office is Dirksen413, located on the fourth floor.
If you would like to intern in one of the Senator's six state offices, you can either call or mail a resume directly to the office in which you would like to intern. Contacting the state office is prefered approach. If you would like to do an internship in Senator Collins DC office, please email email@example.com.
Why doesn't Senator Collins have an email address? Why do I have to write my email in a web-based email system?
The web-based e-mail system helps to process the high volume of correspondence she receives. Unfortunately, the address that she previously maintained was susceptible to SPAM mail, viruses, and chain letters from special interest groups located outside our state.
10:00am and 2:00pm – tours are about an hour long.
Yes, contact Senator Collins DC office at 202-224-2523
If you have an invitation for the Senator, please e-mail your request to:firstname.lastname@example.org. All invitations for Senator Collins should be received in writing. Please direct your invitations to events in Maine to Paige Eggleston and for D.C. Area events to Darci Greenacre.
Senator Collins grew up in the Aroostook County town of Caribou. She now resides in Bangor.