The Fiscal Year 2022 federal appropriations process will include opportunities to fund local projects through Congressionally Directed Spending (CDS). This opportunity is available to non-profit entities and state and local governments.
When submitting your requests, please keep the following in mind:
- For-profit entities are not eligible to receive CDS.
- Submission of a request does not guarantee that your request will receive funding.
- The information you provide may be subject to public disclosure requirements.
- Each project request must be accompanied by a project request form.
- Please consult the Additional Guidance Index for additional information about the eligible accounts and funding criteria.
Please follow the instructions below to submit a CDS request to Senator Collins. The deadline to submit all CDS requests is June 2, 2021.
Instructions for Submitting an FY 2022 Congressionally Directed Spending Request:
- Each project request must be accompanied by a project request form. Click (here) to download the form.
- Complete all fields on the form.
- When entering dollar amounts, use only numerals (i.e. $5,300,000, not $5.3 million).
- Each request must be accompanied by three signed letters of support from community stakeholders and/or leaders endorsing the request. Please attach these letters to your email submission.
- Save and rename the form as “Your Entity Name – Your Project Name.”
- Send the form as an attachment, along with letters of support and other relevant documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are submitting multiple requests, the requests should be provided in separate forms.
- The “Project Justification” portion of the form should be a brief description that summarizes why the request should be funded and how it will be of benefit to the taxpayer.
- Please do NOT send anything via US Mail – Senate mail screening procedures will delay arrival.
LINK: CDS Request Form
Note that all CDS requests must comply with Senate Rule XLIV.