Information about the Spring 2015 Service Academy Information Night is available here.
The 2015 cycle will open May 15, 2015
For Individuals Seeking Nominations To Service Academies:
All students admitted to our nation's Service Academies must first be nominated by at least one member of their state's Congressional Delegation.
Senator Collins is delighted to help Maine students pursue their dreams at the Service Academies. Interested individuals compete with other applicants from across the State for nominations to the following academies:
- The United States Military Academy (West Point, NY)
- The United States Air Force Academy (Colorado Springs, CO)
- The United States Naval Academy (Annapolis, MD)
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (King's Point, NY)
(admission to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy does not require a Congressional nomination)
Applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens
- legal residents of Maine (or dependents of military members who are Maine residents)
- unmarried with no children
- at least 17 years of age, and under the age of 23
All applicants should also apply directly to the academies and ask that a pre-candidate file be opened for them. In addition, all applicants are required to take the SAT or ACT. Interested individuals should contact Senator Collins in the spring of their junior year of High School.
Senator Collins bases her selections on the students’ academic records, extracurricular and community activities, test scores, as well as letters of recommendation from individuals in and out of the school environment. Finalists will be asked to appear before the Senator’s Academy Review Board.
For information please contact:
Senator Susan Collins
Attn: Sara Holmbom Lund
Portland Constituent Service Center
One Canal Plaza, Suite 802
Portland, ME 04101
Phone: (207) 780-3575
Fax: (207) 828-0380